Consulting Veterinarians Wanted!
4-12pm Week days and Weekends
Animal Referral Centre, North Shore Auckland
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in small animal , internal medicine, cardiology and diagnostic imaging.
Our after hours caseload is varied and interesting, consisting of a mixture of primary access and referral cases from practices in Auckland and beyond. A high proportion of our clients have pet insurance.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern veterinary hospital including full in-house lab suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilation, on site CT, Hydro Physio underwater treadmill and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards.
We strive to have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams to ensure the highest possible standards of patient care are achieved.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in small animal practice (or completion of an internship)
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing outstanding patient care.
- Motivated, adaptable and have a positive attitude.
- Full time or Part time Consulting veterinarians required for evening shifts
- Predominantly Mon - Fri with some weekend work to be negotiated
- Opportunity to work alongside our specialist team to improve your skill set in an area or area(s) of your choice.
- Continuing education in the field of veterinary care is supported and encouraged.
Why work for ARC?
- You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and develop skills in any area that interests you.
- We have a friendly, supportive team with medical and surgical back up available 24/7 as well as teleradiology support.
- You will have access to VIN, veterinary journals and VECCS membership as well as regular in-house CE opportunities. External CPD is also supported and encouraged.
- Mentorship and financial support (to cover examination costs) is available for full time veterinarians who wish to attain membership of the ANZCVS in emergency and critical care.
- There is a competitive remuneration package offered, and relocation assistance is also available.
- An employee assistance programme is provided.