14 February 2022
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarians Wanted!
Full time and Part time
Animal Referral Centre, North Shore Auckland
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in small animal , internal medicine, cardiology and diagnostic imaging.
Our after hours caseload is varied and interesting, consisting of a mixture of primary access and referral cases from practices in Auckland and beyond. A high proportion of our clients have pet insurance.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern veterinary hospital including full in-house lab suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilation, on site CT, Hydro Physio underwater treadmill and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards.
We strive to have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams to ensure the highest possible standards of patient care are achieved.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in small animal practice (or completion of an internship)
- Passionate about emergency and critical care (ECC).
- Experience in an emergency clinic is advantageous but not required
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing outstanding patient care.
- Motivated, adaptable and have a positive attitude.
- Permanent full time or Part time ECC veterinarian. The roster will involve rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and weekday daytimes. During the weekday shifts there is the opportunity to work alongside our specialist team to improve your skill set in an area or area(s) of your choice.
Continuing education in the field of veterinary emergency and critical care is supported and encouraged.
Why work for ARC?
· You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and develop skills in any area of emergency practice that interests you.
· We have a friendly, supportive team with medical and surgical back up available 24/7 as well as teleradiology support.
· You will have access to VIN, veterinary journals and VECCS membership as well as regular in-house CE opportunities. External CPD is also supported and encouraged.
· Mentorship and financial support (to cover examination costs) is available for full time veterinarians who wish to attain membership of the ANZCVS in emergency and critical care.
· Our roster is designed by our ECC team to achieve a good work life balance, and you will be working no more than one in two weekends.
· There is a competitive remuneration package offered, and relocation assistance is also available. An employee assistance programme is provided.