We have 2 full time positions currently available for experienced veterinary nurses.
1.) A combined position supporting both our internal medicine and emergency/critical care teams. This will involve nursing of patients under the care of our internal medicine specialists, as well as those presented during emergency hours. This is a full time position; the roster involves a combination of weekday and weekend shifts (no more than 1:2 weekends).
2.) A position within our emergency critical care team working a combination of weekday evening and weekend day shifts (no more than 1:2 weekends).
Job tasks and responsibilities
- General nursing of referral and emergency patients, including high-dependency cases
- IV and urinary catheter placement; venipuncture and running of laboratory tests
- Monitoring anaesthesia
- Assisting with emergency surgical and medical procedures
- Triage of incoming patients
- Some reception duties, though ARC also has receptionists working evenings and weekends
- Mentoring and training of junior nurses
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a veterinary nurse
- Have experience working in a specialist or high quality emergency practice
- Hold a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology degree (or overseas equivalent)
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of patient care
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely reliable & willing to work some night and weekend shifts
- Be a team player
Job benefits and perks:
- Membership of the NZVNA and VECCS
- In house continuing education programme
- Continuing education allowance
The closing date for applications is March 31, 2020.